- We offer a beginner lesson at 7:30 pm, ½ hour before the dance. New contra dancers are encouraged to attend.
- No need to come with a partner.
- All dances are called.
- All dances begin with a walk-through of the dance.
- Wear cool and comfortable clothing, since you may warm up as the night progresses.
- Wear comfortable, clean, dry shoes that will let you move easily on our nice wooden floor.
We book the best regional talent for your dancing pleasure. These musicians and callers work together to deliver a lively and fun contra dance experience. Look below for information on the talent we have booked for our next dance.
We are a multi-generational community and all are welcome to join us. We look forward to meeting you!
A new local band and an up-and-coming Cincinnati caller will take the stage at Big Scioty’s second dance of the season. (And our annual celebration of Talk Like a Pirate Day. Aaarrr!) With a calling style that has been described as clear, enthusiastic and fun, Liz...