Winter WarmUp is back! We’re making it fun with calling by the internationally known Gaye Fifer and the inventive Frank Buschelmann, plus music by the always exciting Hotpoint Stringband and the sublime Mean Lids. Sound will be provided by Jamie Platt.
Winter WarmUp 2022 runs Friday through Sunday, December 2-4, at the Worthington Community Center in Columbus, Ohio, where you can also buy a low-cost pass and go for a swim or run during the dance breaks.
Health protocols followed, including vax and mask requirements. For more details and to pre-register, visit https://bigscioty.com/
Local dancers: this party won’t happen without some help!
Many hands make light work. If we all work together we can make the weekend a success! There are many shifts available so we all will get plenty of time to dance!
We’re using SignUp.com to organize our upcoming SignUps.
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click the link for the activity you want to sign up for. (See below)
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.
Note: SignUp does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Martha Shaw and she can sign you up manually.
1. Help with SETUP on Friday and TEARDOWN on Sunday. https://signup.com/go/zUpqAvh
2. Sit at the desk to register dancers as they arrive. https://signup.com/go/ThfrsNk
3. Have fun in the kitchen, unloading food and supplies, cutting fruit, making coffee, arranging cookies or making lunch on Sunday for our guests. https://signup.com/go/gnAmoBr
WAIT, THERE’S MORE!
We are well known for our yummy baked goods and treats. To volunteer to bake or buy some snacks, please contact Marilyn Fais. Traditional, gluten-free and sugar-free snacks appreciated.
We need people willing to host talent or dancers for the weekend. Even floor space for a sleeping bag is appreciated. This helps dancers who might not be able to afford to attend otherwise still be able to join us. Please contact Jules or Kate about hosting at . They will make sure you have a compatible match!