CONTRA DANCING RETURNS!!
BIG SCIOTY – Saturday, July 30
Details to come. Check here for Big Scioty’s safety protocols. Note that we will be dancing at the Clinton Heights Lutheran Church for the time being.
Are dancers comfortable with returning to the dance floor? That was the question Big Scioty asked our community via a survey, and enough dancers said they would be comfortable dancing together if all attendees were fully vaccinated that we felt confident to hold a...
- We offer a beginner lesson at 7:30 pm, ½ hour before the dance. New contra dancers are encouraged to attend.
- No need to come with a partner.
- All dances are called.
- All dances begin with a walk-through of the dance.
- Wear cool and comfortable clothing, since you may warm up as the night progresses.
- Wear comfortable, clean, dry shoes that will let you move easily on our nice wooden floor.
We book the best regional talent for your dancing pleasure. These musicians and callers work together to deliver a lively and fun contra dance experience. Look below for information on the talent we have booked for our next dance.
We are a multi-generational community and all are welcome to join us. We look forward to meeting you!